RF Communications Electrical Engineer - ICL-777
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Information Technology
Location: Atlanta, GA
Description: RF Communications Electrical Engineer - ICL 777
The Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) in Atlanta, GA is looking for an experienced RF Communications Electrical Engineer who can think outside of the box and don’t want to do the same old thing every day. We value bright, intellectually curious, growth oriented professionals and provide a work environment that allows work / life balance and opportunity. Check out your opportunities at GTRI.
This opportunity is within the Information and Communication Lab ( ICL ). ICL conducts research that solves complex problems in areas of computer science, information technology, communications, networking, and socio-technical systems.
RESEARCH, MODEL, TEST AND PRESENT YOUR RF COMMUNICATIONS WORK
We are seeking an experienced electrical engineer with radio frequency (RF) communications propagation modeling and laboratory testing experience.
The initial work assignment would include:
- Modeling communication systems in complex environments
- Conduct laboratory and field test experiments of communication systems in support of modeling
- Present results and demonstrations to customers
The candidate will provide support of multiple projects involving communication system design, integration with various platforms, some coordination with customers and vendors, and rigorous testing in both laboratory and field environments.
Successful candidates will be expected to engage in project work, project leadership and business development activities as directed by supervisors. Strong verbal and written communication and leadership skills are highly desired in addition to strong technical competence.
REQUIREMENTS THAT MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- US Citizenship AND/ OR the ability to get a security clearance
- MS or PhD in an appropriate field
- Strong RF. Communications and electromagnetic theory knowledge
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities
- Ability to work well individually or in a group setting
- Ability to effectively present technical information
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- GNURadio, C/C++, Python, Assembly
- MATLAB, LabView
- Familiarity with Linux and open source tools
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas to non-technical audience
ABOUT GEORGIA TECH RESEARCH INSTITUTE
GTRI has been recognized as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work by the Atlanta Business Chronicle 4 of the last 5 years. GTRI offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a great location. Professional growth opportunities include support for advanced degrees, patent rights, and freedom for approved outside consulting, periodic special courses in technical and leadership topics, and support for paper preparation and presentation. Grow your career at GTRI.
The Georgia Tech research Institute employs over 900 research faculty, with an annual sponsored research budget of over $300 million. The important work we do is diverse, challenging, and rewarding. Work with subject matter experts at our Atlanta campus or at the 14 other locations in MD, OH, VA, AL FL HI, TX, CA, AZ, DC and GA. Research areas include such diverse areas as: Cyber Security Jobs, Big Data Jobs and Data Intelligence Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Software Engineering Jobs, High Performance Computing Jobs ( HPC Jobs ), Hardware Design Jobs, Embedded System Design Jobs, Communication Systems Design Jobs, High Speed Networks Jobs, Electromagnetics Jobs ( EM Jobs ) including Radar Systems Jobs, Antenna Design Jobs, Electronic Warfare Jobs( EW Jobs ), Sensor Design Jobs, Intelligent Systems Jobs, Systems Engineering Jobs and others.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Information Technology Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs