Signal Processing Research Engineer - ATAS-914
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Aerospace / Aviation
Location: Atlanta, GA
Description: Signal Processing Research Engineer - ATAS-914
The Aerospace Transportation and Advanced System Laboratory – Aerospace and Acoustic Technologies Division (ATAS-AATD) of GTRI is searching for an experienced Electrical and Computer Engineer with experience in signal processing to work on several ongoing DoD and non-DoD sponsored projects. ATAS conducts research for government and industry customers in aerodynamics, radar and weapons systems, food processing technology, unmanned systems and modeling of social systems. http://www.gtri.gatech.edu/atas
The candidate should possess a good knowledge of basic digital signal processing concepts, and be able to write and understand complex codes. Strong emphasis is on algorithms development and data analysis in both time and frequency domain. Knowledge of advanced signal processing, classification, array processing, and wavelet analysis is desirable. The candidate is expected to work independently and with a team to develop advanced solutions to challenging and difficult problems of interest to the military and industry. Moreover, the candidate should have familiarity with the peer reviewed publishing process and be able to perform literary reviews of both conference and journal papers on different topics. Furthermore, the candidate should have familiarity working in a laboratory environment, performing data acquisition of different signals and interacting with different development environments like Matlab, LabVIEW, C, and C++. Exposure to working on Aerospace related research issues, in particular flow control and acoustics will be a plus. Experience with writing proposals for external funding is highly desirable.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Initiates, designs, implements, and evaluates signal studies and data collection to support research projects
• Apply signal processing theory and methods to research problems
• Develops new algorithm and data analysis techniques in time and frequency domain
• Validates and implements signal processing and image processing methodologies for various applications
• Acquire, organizes and analyzes large sets of data of different nature
• Organizes results of studies into written form for publication, presentation, or dissemination in form of technical reports and manuscripts
• Assists fellow researchers as needed and complete other projects as needed
• Participate in related business development and proposal writing
• Interact with other researchers and faculty members at Georgia Tech to provide input for proposals in related fields
• Execute sponsored and internal experimental programs and interact with tools developers to provide the input for next generation tools development
• Masters or PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other appropriate field
• US Citizenship and ability to obtain a US security clearance at the secret level
• 2-5 years of experience as Electrical and Computer Engineering ideally in an applied research environment
• Knowledge and experience using Matlab and the following Toolbox: Signal Processing, Image Processing, and Statistics. Knowledge of the following is desired but not required: Phase Array, DSP Systems, Wavelets, Matlab Coder, and Matlab Compiler.
• Knowledge and experience using NI hardware and software products (NI DAQs, PXI, LabVIEW, Signal Express, etc.)
• Proficiency in the use of the C and C++ programming language in Windows, Linux, and/or other real-time operating systems and Microsoft Office Tools.
• Project/task management, writing and presentation skills, documentation, report and proposal preparation.
• Solid oral and written communication skills and demonstrated experience of writing proposals
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to work both individually and in small teams.
• 2+ years of experience on signal processing or related topics in a research organization
• MS or a PhD thesis on a signal processing topic with some publications
• Demonstrated experience in implementation of signal processing in real applications
• Exposure to acoustic measurements, phased arrays , active noise and and/or flow control methodologies
ABOUT GEORGIA TECH RESEARCH INSTITUTE
GTRI has been recognized as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work by the Atlanta Business Chronicle 4 of the last 5 years. GTRI offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a great location. Professional growth opportunities include support for advanced degrees, patent rights, and freedom for approved outside consulting, periodic special courses in technical and leadership topics, and support for paper preparation and presentation. Grow your career at GTRI.
The Georgia Tech research Institute employs over 900 research faculty, with an annual sponsored research budget of over $300 million. The important work we do is diverse, challenging, and rewarding. Work with subject matter experts at our Atlanta campus or at the 14 other locations in MD, OH, VA, AL FL HI, TX, CA, AZ, DC and GA. Research areas include such diverse areas as: Cyber Security Jobs, Big Data Jobs and Data Intelligence Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Software Engineering Jobs, High Performance Computing Jobs ( HPC Jobs ), Hardware Design Jobs, Embedded System Design Jobs, Communication Systems Design Jobs, High Speed Networks Jobs, Electromagnetics Jobs ( EM Jobs ) including Radar Systems Jobs, Antenna Design Jobs, Electronic Warfare Jobs( EW Jobs ), Sensor Design Jobs, Intelligent Systems Jobs, Systems Engineering Jobs and others.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Research Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Aerospace / Aviation Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs